Engage 2 Act is a collective of individuals committed to progressing high quality community engagement practice. We bring people together to share and learn through hosting local events and facilitating professional development opportunities.
Becky’s achievements in leading the Engage 2 Act movement have included –
• In less than 6 months, transitioned the organisation from an informal network of South Australian practitioners to an internationally operating not-for-profit organisation with a board of 9 highly acclaimed engagement practitioners
• Recruited 8 founding directors of the organisation and led a highly functioning, charismatic and dynamic board
• Undertook a strategic planning process which set clear goals and pathways for the first 100 days of operation
• Attracted 350 international members to the collective during the first 100 days of operation as an official not-for-profit organisation with continued steady growth beyond that
• Oversaw corporate governance, financial operations and general set up of the organisation, including constitution development and not-for-profit registration
• Created an organisation that welcomed all who are interested in progressing high quality community engagement, including practitioners, government, consultants, students, politicians, academics, and interested citizens
• Oversaw organisation of the inaugural Engage 2 Act (un)Conference, attracting the most respected and highly acclaimed keynote speakers, panelists and attendees in the community engagement sector, forecast to generate substantial profit
• Oversaw the introduction of The Wendy Sarkissian Award for Courage in the Practice of Community Engagement gaining vast publicity and positive feedback
• Supported local groups in self-organising events that were appealing to local audiences including events such as Arts in Engagement (Victoria), Are Town Hall Meetings Dead or Alive (Adelaide) the Incentivised Democracy Debate
Becky donates her time, skills and energy to Engage 2 Act on an ongoing basis.